Introduction to FHIR for Project Managers
4 hours self-directed online modules followed by a 1.5 hour virtual workshop
Key FHIR concepts, benefits of FHIR, how to implement FHIR, Australian use cases
Who should apply?
Project managers, program managers, solution architects, implementers, or any other individuals involved (current or future) in a FHIR-based solution implementation
No FHIR experience is necessary
26 May: 12pm AEST
EOI Closing Date: 24th Apr 11:59 PM
11 Aug: 12pm AEST
EOI Closing Date: 14th July 11:59 PM
27 Oct: 12pm AEST
EOI Closing Date: 22nd Sep 11:59 PM
Note: EOIs need to be completed by the person participating in the course.
All EOI applicants will be contacted 1 week after the EOI Closing Date on whether or not they will be participating in the course.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Devise the ideal state of interoperability at your organisation
- Outline the benefits of implementing FHIR at your organisation
- Determine the types of resources and staff training are required implement and maintain FHIR at your organisation
- Compare and contrast the FHIR standard with previous standards (e.g., HL7 V2)
- Illustrate previous use cases for FHIR implementation in Australia and Internationally
- Distinguish unique characteristics of the Australian healthcare system that influence FHIR implementation
- Identify Australian governance requirements that would influence FHIR implementation at your organisation
- Articulate key FHIR concepts that you will need to understand to communicate with software developers
CHIA continuing professional development (CPD) points
For those those that are CHIA registered, there are a number of ways to earn continuing professional development (CPD) points towards your CHIA recertification.
Completing the virtual Introduction to FHIR for Project Managers Course will earn you 5.5 CDP points.
Distinct for the Australian Context
Understand how to apply the international standard to your context and the Australian environment
Developed by Expert Instructors
Instructors from CSIRO and HL7 Australia have years of experience implementing FHIR in Australia
Learn from Case Studies
The course discusses real life case studies from Australia and internationally
Expression of Interest (EOI)
Submit your EOI via this link | Limited positions are available.
For a limited time the Australian Digital Health Agency and HL7 Australia are delighted to provide access to this course at no cost to you or your nominated employee if you are selected from the EOI process. When comparing to other FHIR training courses, we estimate that this course is valued at $900.
The Australian Digital Health Agency engaged HL7 Australia to develop FHIR training to suit the Australian context. The course syllabus, teaching materials and technology will be delivered in collaboration with CSIRO and the Centre for Digital Transformation of Health at the University of Melbourne.